- Take a look at my talk at TEDxTimesSquare on *Openness* – describing my nonlinear career path and how I ended up at IBM. (April 11, 2013)
- Check out my talk at the World Future Society’s annual conference in Washington, D.C on July 24th, 2016. The topic was “How to Succeed at Jobs that Don’t Exist Yet“. You can view the Prezi here.
- Listen to my latest podcast – a conversation with Hemda Mizrahi on her show *Turn the Page* – the topic: Improvising Careers: How to Prepare for Jobs That Don’t Exist Yet
I have also presented my talk on *improvising careers – the 21st century work paradigm* to students at Bennington, Columbia, Duke, Fairfield University, NYU/Stern and Union College, as well as at Tech Valley High School in Albany, New York and at a middle school Career Day in Burlington, North Carolina.
This talk can be delivered as a 1 or 2 hour session and customized based on the audience – age, geography, vertical, social savviness, et al.
The flow of the presentation is:
- Overview of my own non-linear career path – touring rock musician to exec comms at IBM CHQ
- Five historical cycles – based on “Technological Revolutions and Financial Capital” by Cambridge Professor Carlota Perez
- Perspective on Top 10 jobs today vs. 5 years ago
- How tech creates new careers in every vertical
- Three Secret Ingredients and how to apply them: Antenna, Voice, Mesh
- Take Action